Surviving an Economic Downturn
Step 2: The Child Support Modification Calculator shows my order may qualify for a modification.
If the Child Support Modification Calculator shows that your order may qualify for a modification, take the following actions:
- Print and fill out a request for review to request that your child support case be reviewed by your local child support office.
- Mail the request for review to the child support office handling your case.
Important: Only the court can change your child support order. Completing a request for review does not guarantee your order will be modified.
When you request a review of your child support order, make sure that you...
- continue to pay your court ordered child support — your ordered amount does not change until the court changes it.
- provide all the information requested — missing information slows down the process.
- show up to any appointments or court hearings that may be scheduled — if you fail to appear, the court or our office may not be able to complete the modification process.
- keep in touch with your local child support office until a final decision has been made on your case.
If the Child Support Modification Calculator did not show that your order qualified for a modification, but you would still like to talk with someone about your case, contact your local child support office.