Real world consequences for teen parents
There is no doubt that a baby can bring joy and happiness as well as awesome responsibility. But some undesirable effects can also occur. Don't take our word for it. Real teens we interviewed will be happy to tell you.
Statistics show that if you have a baby as a teenager...
- You will probably have to work to help support the child.
- You might have to drop out of school, limiting your earning potential.
- Your parents might be called upon to help support you and your baby.
- You might have to go on welfare.
- You and your child may live in poverty.
- You will probably miss out on some parties, school activities, free time, dating.
- You might have to forfeit or delay plans to go to college.