Parent Locator Services may be available to individuals who are not receiving full child support services, but request help in locating a parent.
The Parent Locator Service obtains the latest available address and employment information about a missing parent from state and federal records and forwards that information to the person who applied for locate services.
These services may be requested only for the purpose of:
- establishing a court order for paternity, child support, or medical support;
- collecting court-ordered support; or
- enforcing custody or visitation.
Who May Use Locate-Only Services
You may apply for State Parent Locator Service if you are:
- the custodial parent with physical possession of the child(ren);
- a person (other than a parent) who, for at least the past six months, has had physical possession of the child(ren);
- the legal guardian or managing conservator with legal custody of the child(ren);
- a judge or agency of a court with jurisdiction over the paternity and/or support case;
- a court with jurisdiction to enforce custody or visitation; or
- the attorney of the child(ren) for whom paternity and/or support is sought.
How To Apply for Locate-Only services
Once you have completed the application, please send it to:
Office of the Attorney General
Child Support Division - MC 040
State Parent Locate Service
P.O. Box 12017
Austin, TX 78711-2017
For information about applying for full child support services, please visit the How to Apply for Child Support page.