When parties don’t live in the same state, or even in the same country, the Child Support Division works with other child support agencies to successfully establish, enforce, and/or modify an existing child support order.

Interstate or international cases can be complicated. To get help managing your case, contact your local child support office.


Contact Us

Can I apply for services if the other parties lives in a different state?

Yes, the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA) made it possible for all state and tribal child support agencies to pursue child support enforcement, including locating an absent parent, paternity establishment and establishment of support obligations.

You can apply for services using the Child Support Interactive online application.

I am a caseworker in another state, how do I get information about a child support case I am working on?

You can login to check the status of a Texas child support case using the Office of the Attorney General portal.

If you do not have login credentials, click here to register and request credentials.