Providing medical and dental support for your children is required and important. If circumstances related to medical insurance and coverage have changed, here are a few things you need to know:

  • If you were court-ordered to carry medical insurance for your child(ren) but are no longer able to, you can request a review of your child support order.
  • Our office can assist in modifying your medical and dental support order to reflect your current circumstances. For example, if insurance is available at a reasonable cost through the custodial parent, the order could be modified to require you (the noncustodial parent) to reimburse the custodial parent for your part of the insurance coverage. 
  • If you find private insurance at a reasonable cost, your current medical support order can be modified to reflect that amount.