The purpose of the Domestic Violence High Risk Teams Grant Program is to develop and provide statewide support for activities of Domestic Violence High Risk Teams in reducing or preventing incidents of domestic violence and providing domestic violence services to victims.
Approved purpose activities may include:
- Identifying and contracting with sites in local communities that have the capacity to implement best practice models for high risk teams or expand existing Domestic Violence High Risk Teams;
- Evaluating funded site results;
- Identifying best practice models that may be implemented in other communities;
- Providing technical assistance to communities interested in implementing Domestic Violence High Risk Teams;
- Making recommendations to improve the implementation and/or the expansion of Domestic Violence High Risk Teams in Texas.
The following entities are eligible to apply under the Domestic Violence High Risk Teams Grant Program.
State Domestic Violence Coalitions: a statewide nonprofit organization that has been identified as a state domestic violence coalition by a state or federal agency authorized to make that designation.
- Non-profit Applicants with 26 U.S.C. § 501(c)(3) status
- Must be in good standing with the Comptroller of Public Accounts
- “in existence” with the Secretary of State