Ken Paxton

Medical Facility Complaints

The state of Texas oversees hospitals and most health related clinics. If you have concerns about the care you or a loved one received at a hospital, you may want to contact an attorney and file a complaint with the state.



The Health Facility Program of the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) ensures that hospitals, clinics and many other health facilities provide safe and responsible care. DSHS can also investigate allegations of improper billing by hospitals. If you have a concern or complaint about a hospital or health clinic, you can call DSHS at (888) 973-0022.

Nursing Homes

The Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) is the state agency charged with licensing and inspecting nursing homes. DADS also has authority to investigate alleged violations of state and federal nursing home standards.

Upon investigating concerns about a licensed home, DADS may refer the investigation to this agency for enforcement. The Office of the Attorney General will act swiftly and aggressively to address violations referred by the DADS Long-term Care regulatory Section.


The Texas State Board of Pharmacy oversees pharmacies. You can contact the Board if you concerns about a pharmacy. If your complaint is related to deceptive business practices, you can also file a complaint with our office.

Correctional Health Facilities

If you have concerns about the health care provided to an inmate, contact the The Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ), Health Services Division.