The Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is committed to promoting a culture of integrity within the agency. As part of the agency’s commitment, the OAG has instituted a Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Prevention Program to provide its employees with the necessary guidance and support to prevent, detect, and eliminate fraud, waste, and abuse within the agency. The OAG Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Prevention Program complies with Executive Order RP-36 of July 12, 2004.
Reports of suspected fraud or illegal activities involving state resources may be made by:
- contacting the Texas State Auditor's Office Hotline (SAO) by calling (800) TX-AUDIT (892-8348);
- visiting the Texas State Auditor's Office Website;
- contacting the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) by calling the main OAG Switchboard at (800) 252-8011 or (512) 475-4413; or
SAO investigates alleged misuse of state resources and illegal acts involving:
- expenditures by state agencies, colleges or universities
- the use of state grant money
- funds received through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (or federal stimulus funds) and
- funds for Hurricane Ike victims.
View the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 Employee Rights Notice (PDF).